UNIVERSITA' DEGLI STUDI DI TRIESTE
5TH INTERNATIONAL WORKSHOP
"STABILITY AND OPERATIONAL SAFETY OF SHIPS"
Trieste, Italy, 12-13 September 2001
This is the 5th Workshop of the series, after Strathclyde (UK), Osaka (JAPAN), Hersonissos (GREECE), St.Johns (CANADA). Since its formation in 1995, the Ship Stability Workshop has presented a unique opportunity for experts in the field to gather together and present their latest research results. The Workshop provides an overview of the state of the art and the discussion developed from the presentations is an important part of the meeting.
The following is a list of typical Sessions held during the first four Workshops:
Surf-riding, Broaching and Capsizing in Following/Quartering Seas
Capsizing in Beam Seas
Capsize Model Experiments with a Damaged Ship
Dynamics of Ship Capsize with Flooded Internal Space Including Cargo Shift
Probabilistic Approach to Damage Stability and Survivability Assessment
Ship Capsize Simulation in Stability Research
Model Capsize Experiments in Heavy Seas
Non-Linear Dynamics and Ship Capsize
Dynamic Stability Software Validation Techniques
Standardisation of Model Experiments for Extreme Tests
Simulation of Damaged Ship Motions with Progressive Flooding
Interface and Overlaps on the Seakeeping, Manoeuvring and Stability of Ships
The Impact of Recent Stability Regulations on Existing and New Ships
Numerical and Physical Modelling of Intact Stability
Numerical and Physical Modelling of Damage Stability
Applications to Ship Design and Operation
- May 20th for hotel booking at discounted rates following instructions sent in annex. I remind you that September for Trieste is a very full time, due to the good weather conditions (swimming season) and many international events, so book early flights and hotels;
- June 1st for papers to be in the Session Organisers hands (see below for formats), so that they can prepare state of the art for session introduction;
- July 1st for papers and states of the art to reach Local Organisers in Trieste to provide printing and adequate internet circulation prior to coming in Trieste;
- for speakers to the Round Table there is free format, from abstract to full paer, but full paper would be very much welcome!
- The Workshop will be held at the University of Trieste, Lecture Hall of Building H3, Via A. Valerio 10, 34127 Trieste, Italy;
- The preliminary sessions on September 11th will be held at the University of Trieste, Department of Naval Architecture, Ocean and Environmental Engineering (DINMA), 2nd floor of Building C5, Via A. Valerio 10, 34127 Trieste, Italy;
- The International Maritime Academy is close to University (transportation provided).
The University is easily reachable by a 10 minutes bus ride from major hotels centrally located by using bus lines 3, 4, 17, 17(/), 39; no tickets selling on board tobacconists, newsstands. For more information about Trieste University, visit the web site:
For more information about Trieste, visit the web sites:
These sites contain information about hotels, flights, weather forecast, etc.
More detailed information will be circulated in due time.
LIT 200,000 (about 90 USD) for authors, co-authors, roundtable speakers;
LIT 400,000 (about 180 USD) for other participants;
discount rates for students can be applied on request.
The fee will include coffee breaks on September 12th-13th, buffet and dinner on September 12th, a copy of Proceedings.
Buffet on September 13th evening will be offered by IMA.
Payments should be made, possibly before july 15th, NET OF ANY BANKING COST to:
COMITATO ORGANIZZATORE 5 CONVEGNO IWS
Bank account: 6335 02223 9836504 SWIFT CODE: TSCR IT 2T
At CRTRIESTE BANCA SPA
or by cash at the Registration desk
Receipt will be given at the registration desk
The ITTC double column A4 format (MAXIMUM 10 pages) would be preferred as it is a compact one, but any other compact but readable A4 format can be accepted. Proceedings will be quite informal, being a Workshop. Papers selected for publication in Elsevier book will be formatted successively.
Prof. Alberto Francescutto
DINMA, University of Trieste
Via A. Valerio 10
34127 Trieste, Italy
UniversitÓ degli Studi di Trieste
P.le Europa 1
34100 Trieste - Italy
Phone: +39-040-6763464 - 6763551
Fax: + 39-040-574925
- FINCANTIERI SpA
- International Maritime Academy
International Standing Committee Members
Prof. A. Francescutto
Prof. X.L. Huang
Mr. H. Hormann
Prof. Y. Ikeda
Dr. J.O. de Kat
Mr. D. Molyneaux
Prof. Marcello Neves
Prof. A. Papanikolaou
Prof. L. Perez-Rojas
Prof. N. Rakhmanin
Dr. M. Renilson
Prof. O. Rutgersson
Prof. K. Spyrou
Mr. Robert Tagg
Prof. N. Umeda
Prof. D. Vassalos (Chairman)
Prof. B.H. Nehrling
Prof. Antonio Cardo, University of Trieste (Chairman)
Prof. Giacomo Borruso, International Maritime Academy, Trieste
Prof. Alberto Francescutto, University of Trieste (Secretary & Contact Person)
Ing. Livio Marchesini, Fincantieri SpA Trieste